Touchpad not working (but click does)

Hi,

Since I’ve installed Parrot, I haven’t been able to use my touchpad, only my Logitech Mouse is working.
The left and right clicks are working, but I can’t move the cursor. I have a dual boot with Windows 10 on which it works fine.
I have a Razer Blade 2016, there is not much help for linux users on these computers so it’s probably linked to my hardware, but I really don’t know what to do to fix this.

Thanks to anyone who could help me to fix this.

What version of Parrot are you running? Parrot Security 4.2 x64 on a Razer Blade 2016

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian standard, with additional steps described here because the grub was not working

Configured to multiboot with other systems? Yes, Windows 10 installed first, then Parrot

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

try to update

Thanks, but I did it already, my system is up-to-date.

driver maybe idk

Thanks…
The thing is I’m new on Parrot (and linux in general), so I don’t really know what to do. I’ve followed a lot of instructions for making a touchpad work on a debian based distro, but it still is not working.
The strange thing being that the clicks are working, even my external mouse is working without having to install any driver. That’s kind of strange.

I’ve reinstalled the last version (Parrot 4.2.2) and it works fine now.

1 Like