Internet stop working after I've started ANONSURF

Hi to all.
I have just installed a fresh Parrot OS Security. All is working perfect apart of Anonsurf which completely disconnect my internet when I start it ON.
I have red a lot of topics here on parrot community and youtube tutorials as well but cannot find any of these solutions working for me.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

Screenshot at 2020-05-13 09-38-37

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Parrot Security MATE ISO

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
I have two systems on separate SSD hard drives. Win10 on kingston SSD, Parrot on Goodram SSD (both standalone)

List your networking hardware (make, model, firmware version):
*-network
description: Ethernet interface
product: Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 1f.6
bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
logical name: eth0
version: 00

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
This is an info after I start a anonsurf as a root
anonsurf_after_start

And this is a message after I run anonsurf status just after starting an anonsurf.
anonsurf_status

Its wired, because anonsurf should start tor automatically. Firewall is off at that point but when I turned it ON and set incoming traffic to allow nothing has changed. Please help me guys with that.

Briefly describe your issue below:
I have a fresh install of parrot security. Haven’t touched a setting, downloaded a package, nothing. I hit start on anonsurf. kill apps, and it says that anonsurf is started and on. but then i check the status and it says it cannot connect to tor? The connection is dead otherwise, It will not let me access a website until i stop anonsurf.

What version of Parrot are you running? downloaded latest Parrot Security MATE ISO
What method did you use to install Parrot? debianGTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

@dmknght might help you. He’s the maintainer of Anonsurf

Briefly describe your issue below:
Anonsurf is not opening any onion circles. Used commands: “sudo anonsurf start” and “sudo anonsurf start-bridge”(in case if my country blocking tor). Nothing happens, no internet connection available before anonsurf is stopped. When try to check anonsurf status it stuck for a 5 minutes or so and then give a messages “Unable to connect to tor. Are you sure tor is running?” and “Unable to connect to tor. Maybe it’s running without a ControlPort?”.

└──╼ #anonsurf start-bridge
[] killing dangerous applications
[
] Dangerous applications killed
[] cleaning some dangerous cache elements
[
] Cache cleaned

• Generating torrc
  • Starting tor service
  • Making firewall rules

[ i ] Starting anonymous mode:

• All traffic was redirected throught Tor

[ i ] You are under AnonSurf tunnel

└──╼ #anonsurf status
Unable to connect to tor. Maybe it’s running without a ControlPort?

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.9.1, security KDE(edited), amd64
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian GTK
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/25615

May be this could be a solution, but torrc file cannot be overwritten anymore so i can’t check it by my hands.

It could be error inside the torrc. Please send me torrc in /etc/anonsurf/torrc here. And please try sudo service tor start to see.

Community is slow for me and i always have connection error so if anybody is still online, please contact telegram @dmknght so i can provide live support and live fix

Hello again! This is my torrc file:

# Dynamic torrc file generated by anonsurf
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

##define virtual network mask
VirtualAddrNetwork 10.192.0.0/10
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
AutomapHostsSuffixes .exit,.onion

#define tor ports and explicitly declare some security flags
TransPort 127.0.0.1:9040 IsolateClientAddr IsolateSOCKSAuth IsolateClientProtocol IsolateDestPort IsolateDestAddr
SocksPort 127.0.0.1:9050 IsolateClientAddr IsolateSOCKSAuth IsolateClientProtocol IsolateDestPort IsolateDestAddr
ControlPort 9051

#use tor to resolve domain names
DNSPort 127.0.0.1:53

#daemonize
RunAsDaemon 1

#use hardware accaleration when possible for crypto
HardwareAccel 1

#socket safety hacks
TestSocks 1
AllowNonRFC953Hostnames 0
WarnPlaintextPorts 23,109,110,143,80

#dns safety hacks
ClientRejectInternalAddresses 1

#circuit hacks
NewCircuitPeriod 40
MaxCircuitDirtiness 600
MaxClientCircuitsPending 48
UseEntryGuards 1
EnforceDistinctSubnets 1

HashedControlPassword 16:FDE8ED505C45C8BA602385E2CA5B3250ED00AC0920FEC1230813A1F86F

i’ve tried “sudo service tor start” before anonsurf start command and after. It doesn’t help. Could it be port problem(9051 instead of 9050)?

This is my torrc file looks like.

# Dynamic torrc file generated by anonsurf
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

##define virtual network mask
VirtualAddrNetwork 10.192.0.0/10
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
AutomapHostsSuffixes .exit,.onion

#define tor ports and explicitly declare some security flags
TransPort 127.0.0.1:9040 IsolateClientAddr IsolateSOCKSAuth IsolateClientProtocol IsolateDestPort IsolateDestAddr
SocksPort 127.0.0.1:9050 IsolateClientAddr IsolateSOCKSAuth IsolateClientProtocol IsolateDestPort IsolateDestAddr
ControlPort 9051

#use tor to resolve domain names
DNSPort 127.0.0.1:53

#daemonize
RunAsDaemon 1

#use hardware accaleration when possible for crypto
HardwareAccel 1

#socket safety hacks
TestSocks 1
AllowNonRFC953Hostnames 0
WarnPlaintextPorts 23,109,110,143,80

#dns safety hacks
ClientRejectInternalAddresses 1

#circuit hacks
NewCircuitPeriod 40
MaxCircuitDirtiness 600
MaxClientCircuitsPending 48
UseEntryGuards 1
EnforceDistinctSubnets 1
16:FDE8ED505C45C8BA602385E2CA5B3250ED00AC0920FEC1230813A1F86F```

Sorry the command should be sudo tor which can show the error of current tor that can’t start. But let me test on my machine

This config works fine for me.

Screenshot at 2020-05-13 22-57-41
Both can start tor for me and my tests before push anonsurf to repo was just fine. I guess there is something wrong with the hash part but i have to check it later. I’m doing the xfce4 development.

No the configuration is as same as old versions.

And please pm me in telegram or in Parrot channel of telegram so i can have notifications directly. The community is kinda slow for this kind of fix

Sry don’t have access to telegram acc yet. I misinformed you. I’m using 4.9.1 KDE Parrot security. Tor browser working fine for me. “sudo tor” command logs:

May 13 22:15:51.679 [notice] Tor 0.4.2.7 running on Linux with Libevent 2.1.11-stable, OpenSSL 1.1.1g, Zlib 1.2.11, Liblzma 5.2.4, and Libzstd 1.4.4.
May 13 22:15:51.679 [notice] Tor can’t help you if you use it wrong! Learn how to be safe at https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning
May 13 22:15:51.679 [notice] Configuration file “/etc/tor/torrc” not present, using reasonable defaults.
May 13 22:15:51.681 [notice] Opening Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
May 13 22:15:51.681 [notice] Opened Socks listener on 127.0.0.1:9050
May 13 22:15:51.000 [notice] Parsing GEOIP IPv4 file /usr/share/tor/geoip.
May 13 22:15:51.000 [notice] Parsing GEOIP IPv6 file /usr/share/tor/geoip6.
May 13 22:15:51.000 [warn] You are running Tor as root. You don’t need to, and you probably shouldn’t.
May 13 22:15:51.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 0% (starting): Starting
May 13 22:15:52.000 [notice] Starting with guard context “default”
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 5% (conn): Connecting to a relay
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 10% (conn_done): Connected to a relay
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 14% (handshake): Handshaking with a relay
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 15% (handshake_done): Handshake with a relay done
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 75% (enough_dirinfo): Loaded enough directory info to build circuits
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 90% (ap_handshake_done): Handshake finished with a relay to build circuits
May 13 22:15:53.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 95% (circuit_create): Establishing a Tor circuit
May 13 22:15:54.000 [notice] Bootstrapped 100% (done): Done
^CMay 13 22:24:02.000 [notice] Interrupt: exiting cleanly.

It’s stucked on bootstraped 100% for 8 minutes so i have to interrupt it.

noob_admin I see that we are facing exacely the same problem. If you will find a solution let me know please.

sure, but let’s wait for dmknght’s answer

Thank you. This is the main problem and it help me a lot. I’ve completed my sleep. Let me see what makes this problem.

1 Like

Look like the config of anonsurf wasn’t loaded.

Oh shit my super bad. The command should be sudo tor -f /etc/anonsurf/torrc which load custom torrc file. There is an error in torrc the hash part. Let me check other torrc again. Sorry my bad.

torrc of @noob_admin is good. torrc of @PTester1 has syntax error at last line.